Aid Types

Financial Aid Types

There are a wide variety of options available to assist students in funding their educational expenses.  Students are encouraged to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or WASFA for WA State Residents who are ineligible to file a FAFSA. 

A financial aid application is encouraged and for most aid types is required to be submitted annually to determine eligibility.  

Our office is available at any time to discuss aid types with you and eligibility determinations.  Feel free to contact us with any questions.


Grants are funds that do not need to be repaid.  They are typically offered to students with greater financial need as determined by the FAFSA or WASFA.


Scholarships are funds that do not need to be repaid.  They are awarded based primarily on merit but can also be awarded based on financial need, academic interest, talents, leaderships or other criteria.

The Scholarship Center is available to help with any scholarship related questions and/or to help you search for scholarships.

Work Study

Work Study is a financial aid program that allows an undergraduate or graduate student to work on-campus or with approved off-campus employers to earn money to pay for college expenses.

Federal Student Loans

Federal student loans are available to students who are eligible to file a FAFSA.  The amount of loan and types are determined based on class level, program and dependency status.

Federal Parent Loans

The Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan is available to the parents of dependent undergraduate or post-baccalaureate students to assist with educational expenses.  The parent is the borrower of this loan.

Private Educational Loans

Private loans are loans through an outside bank or lender.  Students are encouraged to submit a FAFSA but are not required to to utilize private loan funding.

Loans are available to parent or student borrowers to assist with educational expenses.