Report Additional Aid Resources

Additional Sources of Funding

If you receive funding from other agencies, it is your responsibility to report the funding in writing to the Financial Aid Department even if you receive the funding directly. 

Your financial aid may be adjusted as required by federal and state regulations to prevent an over-offer situation.

Examples of Other Financial Assistance (OFA) that must be reported includes, but is not limited to funding from the following sources:

  • Teaching Assistantships
  • Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
  • U.S. Department of Defense or any branch of the military
  • Department of Employment Security (TAA)
  • Work Source
  • Department of Labor and Industries (L & I)
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
  • or any other agency

Because the combination of these resources and your other financial aid typically cannot exceed the amount of your Cost of Attendance, your financial aid may be adjusted.

You may not be aware of certain resources until after the school year begins, but please note that you are required to report the names and amounts of all types of OFA as soon as you are aware of them.

Scholarships from Outside of Western

If you receive a scholarship from outside of Western, you must notify the Scholarship Center.